Sunday, October 11, 2009


I had never even been out of the country before, let alone owned a passport. Smack dab in the middle of remodleing our 120 year old house my husband set up a bistro table in what would be our kitchen and asked me to go on the trip of a lifetime. On my 40th Birthday my husband took me to Paris and I have never been the same since. It awakened in me a passion and love of the beauty and details that make it so unique . Every day in France has fanfare involved. Just the pastries alone are cause for celebration. Perfectly decorated with every piece of chocolate or sugared flower perfectly placed on top ,row after row of them. Nothing is quite as good as the food except maybe the place were you eat it. Many of my first memories of Paris are of the Jardin Luxembourg. Pierre(really my husband Jeff but in France this is his name) and I Coco(really Amy but when in France.........) spent many hours playing cards and gently sneaking our feet onto the perfectly groomed grass to cool us on the hot days of summer.Those memories are so dear to me little did I know I was on my way to the Brocante.Charlottes' Brocante.I will show you the way tomorrow......

3 comments:

  1. You are a very good writer Amy. Pierre,,lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this post! It perfectly captures exactly how I feel about France.When I'm not there I feel a deep longingand ache to bethereandwhen I'm there, I feel alive. Everything is more beautiful and more alive there. Thank you for the inspiration today.
    xoxo
    Judith~

    ReplyDelete